Automatitles is a set of free, easy to use titles for FCPX. Change text and color. Everything else is automatic!
Stupid Raisins Movie Pop is a free Final Cut Pro X title plugin inspired by famous movie titles. All you have to do is add your own text. If you want to learn how to make the titles on your own in Final Cut, check out the tutorials linked below.
If you have recently acquired a 360° video camera, you will need plugins and tutorials that help you work with it in your video editing software.
Overexposed Photography of Australia are making a series of videos on how to work with footage shot with Samsung Gear 360 footage in Final Cut Pro X. The tutorial applies to other 360° cameras too. The second shows how to use two free tools to make 360° videos:
The first tool is 360VR Viewer from Dashwood Cinema Solutions and is available from FxFactory. The second tool is a free Final Cut Pro X plugin that offsets video to the left or right, which lets you determine the direction of view for each shot. For example, if your viewers are looking at a closed door in an outgoing shot, you can align the angle of the incoming shot that shows a journey down a corridor.
Also for Premiere
Although this video shows the workflow for Final Cut Pro X, it also applies to Adobe Premiere Pro CC. The free Dashwood 360VR Viewer also with Premiere, and Premiere includes an Offset effect (available in the category).
Once you have explored 360° production with these free tools, try Dashwood’s 360VR Express. The trial version works in both Final Cut and Premiere and is fully functional apart from a watermark.
More info on Dashwood’s 360 VR Tools
Hawaiki Keyer is one of the most most powerful and best value keying plugins for Final Cut Pro X, Premiere Pro, After Effects and Motion. Hawaiki Keyer 2.0 delivers a host of major enhancements, including new and improved matte extraction tools, improved despill, new advanced compositing options, and a new extended UI for a faster workflow. Hawaiki Keyer Version 2.0 is a completely free update for existing users.
Download the free trial and experience outstanding keying control, quality and performance first hand.
What’s new in Hawaiki Keyer 2.0?
- Optimization of Matte Extraction Algorithm for truly outstanding mattes
- New enhanced Auto Mode
- New Pick Color Mode
- Three new view buttons (Source, Analysis & Combined Matte) for quick comparisons
- New dual view mode allows for side by side comparison of any two views
New Matte Controls
- New Screen Calibration control adds advanced fine-tuning option for optimising matte extraction
- New extremely powerful Matte Cleaner option that addresses many matte tidying requirements
- Clip Black and Clip White controls added to Matte section
- New auto correction option to automatically balance the brightness of the despill to match the original source
- New despill saturation option
- RGB color controls for manual adjustment of the despill color
Advanced Compositing Tools
- RGB color controls for Edge Control option (for both A & B sides)
- New Edge Transparency option
- New Edge Blend option
- Invert Key switch
- External Matte
- Option to input external matte with three compositing methods