Drag the Pan and Zoom generator to your timeline and select your source media (a photo or a clip.) Pan and Zoom creates a smooth animation between any two regions in the source.
Let Pan and Zoom figure out the correct timing for your animation based on a simple choice:
Pan and Zoom can keep the animation in sync with the duration of the clip. You can also set the duration in seconds or control the progress manually, if you prefer to keyframe a single parameter.
Various animation styles are available in Final Cut Pro X as separate effects: whether you prefer fully automatic animation or keyframes, the options are there.
• Supports image files in the most popular formats (JPEG, PNG, PSD, RAW, etc.).
• Keeps animation in sync with the length of the clip, allowing you to freely resize your clips and a perfect match for the Magnetic Timeline in Final Cut Pro X.
• Doesn't sacrifice flexibility: the animation can also be controlled manually by keyframing a few parameters.
• Motion Blur: easy to configure via a single parameter, motion blur lets you generate the best-looking animations at any frame rate.
• New in version 3.0.1: available in Premiere Pro.
• New in version 3.0: high-precision, color-managed rendering ensures pristine quality in all hosts.
• New in version 3.0: available in Final Cut Pro X, with multiple animation styles available through the effects browser.
This set of free plug-ins also includes a Pan and Zoom transition for Final Cut Pro which lets editors use the same photo animation techniques to move between any two clips:
Click the Generators icon to browse all video generators available in Final Cut Pro X. Select the Pan and Zoom category and drag the effect to your timeline:
To apply the transition, click on the Transitions icon to browse all video transitions available in Final Cut Pro X. Select the Pan and Zoom category and drag the Pan and Zoom transition between any two clips on your timeline:
Create a new Transparent Video asset in your project, and drag it to your timeline:
Look for the Pan and Zoom generator in the "FxFactory Freebies" category. Drag the effect over the Transparent Video clip and use the parameter inspector to begin setting it up:
Click the Add Object icon on the toolbar. Scroll down to the Generators > FxFactory Freebies menu and select the Pan and Zoom generator to add it to your timeline:
Select an existing layer, or create a new Solid layer on your timeline and select it. Choose one of the Pan and Zoom generators from the Effects > FxFactory Freebies menu.